Saturday, March 23, 2013

Philippines | Batad, Ifugao



Serene, remote, peaceful, and above all beautiful. 

I couldn't have spent my birthday in any other place. This trip brought together my love for nature, the outdoors, beautiful sights, indigenous people, travel; plus, it provided me a temporary escape from the busy city life, as in literally since we could't get reached through our phones - such a relief! It's always such a wonderful feeling to be detached (for a brief period) from all obligations and responsibilities. That's part of the reason why I love to travel. It was a bit of a selfish way to spend the weekend, but it was my birthday anyway! Being detached could be an opportunity to clear your head, relax and re-energize to face all the commitments you left behind head on. And, that's exactly what I did. 

from the "Saddle" view deck en route

lazy peoples' choice



she couldn't contain her excitement




Rice terraces carved in to the mountains of Ifugao






An Ifugao weaver and her creations. At one point she started singing along to the Backstreet Boys' song "I Want It That Way" played by the local radio in the background.


The weaver's grandson

All the descending and climbing gave our knees and whole bodies a workout






No comments:

Post a Comment